Love Song of the Day!
June 9 to June 13
Listen to Classical 107.5 WFCC all this week to hear the Love Song of the Day song title!
Click on the link below to enter the “Love Song of the Day” and enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to “Let’s Fall in Love” at the Cape Cod Melody Tent on June 20th! Winners will also meet Conductor Jung-Ho Pak before the performance at an exclusive VIP meet-and-greet!
An Evening of Standards from the Greatest American Songbook
Let’s Fall in Love
Featuring the Cape Symphony and Conductor Jung-Ho Pak
Come hear the music you know by heart! Members of the Cape Symphony will play melodies from many of the most cherished composers of all time, including Gershwin, Cole Porter, Rogers and Hart and more. This special evening includes Guest Vocalists Sami Stevens and Mark Mahar. The Orchestra will be led by Artistic Director Jung-Ho Pak, who the Cape Cod Times calls the “Electricity Conductor.” The New York Times raves that Conductor Pak “radiates enthusiasm.”
If you aren’t familiar with The Great American Songbook, it includes the uplifting music that built American morale during the Great Depression, World War II and into the turbulent 60s. These are the songs you’ve seen on stage in classic musicals like The Sound of Music, South Pacific, Porgy and Bess, 42nd Street and many other staples of musical theatre.
The Great American Songbook is full of timeless classics. These songs have been sung by beloved artists including Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Al Jolson, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torme and so many others.
Conductor Jung-Ho Pak brings these treasured melodies to life this summer. He firmly believes his orchestra doesn’t exist to simply play notes, but to “grab souls.” This desire to create a “passionate synergy” between himself and the orchestra has earned him a reputation as a revolutionary thinker in the world of music. His mission is to inspire and entertain all generations—onstage and off.
Pak has been the music director at the San Diego Symphony, University of Southern California, San Francisco Conservatory of Music and the University of California, Berkeley. For eight years, he served as the principal conductor of the Emmy-nominated Disney Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra and has been on national television (60 Minutes, Disney Channel) and radio (NPR) for many years. As a Guest Conductor for a variety of well-known orchestras, he has traveled to Europe, the Soviet Union, South America and Asia.
Come feel the energy inspired by some of music’s most time-honored favorites!
• The contest begins on Monday June 9th and continues through Friday June 13, 2014.
• Listeners are encouraged to listen for the “Love Song Of The Day” which will be announced in recorded promotional announcements multiple times throughout the day. Listeners then encouraged to log into the WFCC.com website and fill out a form within the Cape Club Rewards website.
• Listeners can enter one time each day. Winners are NOT required to enter every day.
• Contest is open to eligible listeners, 21 and over.
• Normal contest rules apply.
• Contest value: $81.00
• The winners will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail by Wednesday June 18, 2014
• Each winner receives 2 tickets to see The Cape Symphony perform Friday June 20, 2014 and an invitation to a VIP reception at 6:30pm to meet Conductor Junh Ho before the performance.
• Prize is non-transferable and can not be exchanged for any other prize or cash.
• Cape Cod Broadcasting does not take any responsibility for exclusions or cancellations. It is the winner’s responsibility to follow individual redemption rules posed by the sponsor.